Summary: wild windy morning, afternoon at home, evening rehearsing with Neili's company
_______
Aaargh. Already I'm a day behind writing. I can barely remember what I did yesterday. And even within the expansiveness of vacation (and semi-retirement!), I feel this chronic, squeezed competition for how I spend my time. I'd like an hour to reflect in this journal, and an hour to write up yesterday's Playback visit,
an hour to nap and an hour to read my laugh-out-loud frivolous book about candy addiction. But they ain't gonna happen, because other things are more pressing -- such as preparing with Christopher our presentation tomorrow for representatives from about 30 Playback companies!
Quick highlights from yesterday:
_______
Aaargh. Already I'm a day behind writing. I can barely remember what I did yesterday. And even within the expansiveness of vacation (and semi-retirement!), I feel this chronic, squeezed competition for how I spend my time. I'd like an hour to reflect in this journal, and an hour to write up yesterday's Playback visit,
an hour to nap and an hour to read my laugh-out-loud frivolous book about candy addiction. But they ain't gonna happen, because other things are more pressing -- such as preparing with Christopher our presentation tomorrow for representatives from about 30 Playback companies!
Quick highlights from yesterday:
- Christopher was up for hours in the night with discomfort in his belly and chest, so neither of us slept well. Luckily slept in till about 10:30.
- Found a scraggly-dry park a few blocks away with a dramatic view of the sea. And the sea, which yesterday was placid as a pond, was utterly transformed by the whipping wind. Huge white caps crashed over the stone breaker-walls! Dancing in the wind and sun I felt cleansed as if I had danced in the ocean itself.
- Lovely low-key afternoon at home on the couch, with a view of the drizzly day out my balcony and wonderful music on the ipod. Got this blog together, answered Bolder Giving emails. Just what the doctor ordered.
- Walked half an hour through busy city streets to join Nili Lubrani Rolnik, Director of the Israeli Playback Ensemble, at an overpriced dinner. Then joined with eight of her eleven company members in a rehearsal till 11pm. Stimulated by the Nili's acting coaching; frustrated by not having more exchange; tantalized by meeting these warm, talented fellow actors but barely getting to play.
- Too wired to sleep -- up until about 2pm!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.